At Woodland Power Products, we are always searching for top talent to help us grow our business, while maintaining our commitment to our customers and to building the best small company in America. If you're interested in a dynamic company, want responsibility and room to grow, please drop us a line and tell us about yourself and how you can help us achieve our mission.
Browse the list below to find our current openings for tool design jobs and other power tool-related jobs.
JOB TITLE: Lead Human Factors Engineers
Location: West Haven, CT 06516
Observe current systems in operation & gather & analyze information on problems. Define data requirements & gather & validate information, applying judgment & statistical tests. Define and/or evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering, organizational development principles & company objectives to optimize usability, cost & performance.
Woodland Power Products is serious about your right to privacy and our responsibility to protect it when you share that information with us. When you provide personal information to Woodland Power Products you can be confident it will stay confidential and protected. We don't rent, sell or share your confidential information with anyone. Your confidential personal is always held in the strictest confidence.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related, plus twelve (12) months of experience as an Industrial Engineering Professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe current systems in operation, and gather and analyze information on problems using a variety of sources.
- Collect data through direct observation of work activities or testing.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems
- Utilize database management systems software and reporting like sql server and filemaker to consolidate and report information.
- Define data requirements, and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the design and production of various goods and services.
- Define and / or evaluate human work systems using human factors engineering, organizational development principles, and company objectives to optimize usability, cost, quality, safety, or performance.
- Utilize employer enterprise resource planning (erp) software like sage pro erp and applicable crm to analyze and develop appropriate, cost-effective solutions.
- Conduct interviews or surveys of users or customers to collect information on topics like requirements, needs, and functionality of interfaces.
- Utilize data to plan and develop / improve existing systems that enhance user experiences for both physical workspace and virtual environments.
- Prepare reports or presentations that summarize results or conclusions of human factors engineering, such as testing, investigation, and validation.
- Employ typical software programs including the microsoft suite of products to create presentations and reports.
- Review new and current designs and drawings for workplace improvements related to process and system functionality in production, it, and fulfillment departments.
- Understand and utilize 3d modeling software and capabilities.
- Possess thorough understanding of solidworks.
- Utilize knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Employ erp software and internal company systems and information to effectively reduce costs.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products that will enhance customer experiences.
- Assist management team with strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
If you are interested in this poistion. Please email us your resume by clicking here, Ewright@cyclonerake.com or send your resume to Woodland Power Products, Inc., 72 Acton St, West Haven, CT 06516.